Select a shift here once the link goes live for 2017. If you do not want to ring 10 am to 8 pm, make a note in the comments section (or email your preferences to email@example.com) and the shift will be adjusted to suit your preferences followed by a confirmation email with the new time. You will be asked to provide a phone number, email, and your name.
SIGN UP FOR YOUR PERSONAL VOLUNTEER LOCATION BEFORE ANYONE ELSE DOES.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US TO HELP FAMILIES IN CRISIS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!!
You MAY volunteer for a 4 hour shift or all day. To volunteer please call 434-295-4058, ext 104, and speak to Major Susan Shiels OR USE THE LINK ABOVE once it is live to sign up yourself (first-come-first-served in real time).
November 19 – December 24
Monday thru Saturday at any of the following locations:
- Fashion Square Mall – Red Robin/Sears entrance
- Fashion Square Mall – JC Penney entrance
- Fashion Square Mall – Belk entrance
- Barracks Road Shopping Center (near Barnes & Noble) – 1035 Emmet Street
- Kroger – 1159 Emmet Street (Barracks Road Shopping Center)
- Kroger – 1904 Emmet Street (Hydraulic Rd and Hwy 29)
- Kroger – Rio Hill Center/1980 Rio Hill Center
- Historic Downtown Mall locations to be approved each year, generally in front of Wells Fargo Bank
- Giant Food Store – Seminole Square/220 Zan Road
- Giant Food Store – Pantops/400 Pantop Center
- Giant Food Store – 1900 Abbey Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22911
- Mincers UVA Imprinted Sportswear – 1527 University Ave (for group sign up only and not online)
- Walmart – 975 Hilton Heights Road
- Sam’s Club – 970 Hilton Heights Road
What to expect:
- You may ring by yourself, with a friend or as a group; children under 16 years of age must ring with an adult.
- Please know that we will be as prompt as possible when dropping the red kettles off and picking them up each day.
- You may be relieving another volunteer at this location when you arrive.
- Due to the number of locations, if we are not at your site to meet you at the beginning of your shift, please feel free to call us. However, more than likely, we are on our way to you.
- If someone does not relieve you or pick up your kettle at the end of your shift, you may drop the kettle and bell at the customer service counter and we will pick it up the same day.
Thank you again for your help and support in helping families in crisis this holiday season.