Select a shift here for 2017. If you want to ring the WHOLE DAY (two shifts) sign up for both shifts. If you do not want to ring the whole 3.5 to 4 hour shift, make a note in the comments section (or email your preferences to firstname.lastname@example.org) and the shift will be adjusted to suit your preferences followed by a confirmation email with the new time. You will be asked to provide a phone number, email, and your name.
SIGN UP FOR YOUR PERSONAL VOLUNTEER LOCATION BEFORE ANYONE ELSE DOES.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US TO HELP FAMILIES IN CRISIS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!!
November 18- December 23
(No Sundays and not on Thanksgiving Day)
- Big Lots – 260 Zan Rd – Seminole Square
- Charlottesville Fashion Square – Red Robin/Sears entrance
- Charlottesville Fashion Square – JC Penney entrance
- Charlottesville Fashion Square – Belk entrance
- Barracks Road Shopping Center (near Barnes & Noble) – 1035 Emmet Street (not available at signup.com)
- Kroger – Barracks Road Shopping Center (1159 Emmet Street)
- Kroger – Hydraulic Rd (1904 Emmet Street)
- Kroger – Rio Hill Center (1980 Rio Hill Center)
- Historic Downtown Mall locations to be approved each year, generally in front of Wells Fargo Bank
- Food Lion – 1740 Timberwood Blvd (Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays)
- Food Lion – 32 Mill Creek Dr (Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays)
- Food Lion – Pantops/570 Riverbend Dr (Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays)
- Giant Food Store – Pantops/1900 Abbey Rd (Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays)
- Mincers UVA Imprinted Sportswear – 1527 University Ave (for group sign up, not available at signup.com)
- Walmart – 975 Hilton Heights Road
- Sam’s Club – 970 Hilton Heights Road
- YOUR BUSINESS, if you are a local merchant and would allow us to ring bells in front of your store for a day, a week or for the whole season, please email email@example.com or call 434-295-4058 and ask to speak to Major Susan Shiels.
SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF THESE BUSINESSES FOR ALLOWING US TO RING BELLS AT YOUR STORES!
What to expect:
- You may ring by yourself, with a friend or as a group; children under 16 years of age must ring with an adult.
- Please know that we will be as prompt as possible when dropping the red kettles off and picking them up each day.
- You may be relieving another volunteer at this location when you arrive.
- Due to the number of locations, if we are not at your site to meet you at the beginning of your shift, please feel free to call us. However, more than likely, we are on our way to you.
- If someone does not relieve you or pick up your kettle at the end of your shift, please wait 15 minutes. Some stores allow us to leave the kettle at the customer service desk.
Thank you again for your help and support in helping families in crisis this holiday season.
We’re using SignUp.com to organize our upcoming VOLUNTEER Bellringer SignUps.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) CLICK this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com or paste http://signup.com/go/mJLhVmb to browser.
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your personal email, create a free one on any of a number of sites just for this purpose, then delete it later.