The Salvation Army
THE SALVATION ARMY
CHRISTMAS ANGEL TREE ASSISTANCE REGISTRATION
OCTOBER 10-14, 2016
First Christian Church
1501 Washington Avenue – Fredericksburg, VA 22401
(NOT THE SALVATION ARMY CHURCH)
MONDAY – FRIDAY 9:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
PLEASE STOP AND READ. YOU MAY APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT APPLIED FOR CHRISTMAS ASSISTANCE ANYWHERE ELSE.
- We serve children 0-12 years of age. Children over 12 years of age by December 25, 2015 are not eligible unless they are SSI recipients. Seniors, 60 years and older on a fixed income may be eligible.
- Please contact our office at 540-373-3431 if you have any questions.
1. Picture identification:
- Driver’s license, passport, or state or country issued identification
2. Proof of address: ***Drivers License alone is not sufficient***
- A rent/lease agreement,
- Mortgage statement,
- Landlord statement,
- Utility bill, or
- SNAP/TANF benefits letter.
3. Birth verification or legal guardianship documentation for EACH child:
- Birth certificate, or
- Court papers to prove custody.
- For infants, a hospital letter is acceptable if it contains parent name and child date of birth.
4. Household income and benefits verification (may include some or all of these):
- **Current SNAP (Food stamps) or TANF benefit letter,
- Pay stubs or copies of paychecks for last consecutive 30 days,
- Employer verification letter (must be signed, dated, on company letterhead or notarized),
- Unemployment benefits letter,
- Social Security/SSI benefit letter,
- Child support agreement, or
- Section 8 / subsidized rental assistance.
5. You are encouraged to bring proof of household expenses – rent/mortgage, utilities, food, car, insurance, etc.
If your children received Angel Tree assistance for the 2015 season you must also provide documentation showing that the adult applicant is:
- Working at least 20 hours per week, OR
- Enrolled in high school or college courses at least half time, OR
- Unable to work or go to school because of illness or disability OR
- Has participated in three hours of life skills classes in the last year.
Children 12 years of age and under are eligible. (Children born after December 25, 2003)
Please contact our office at 540-373-3431 if you have any questions.