Thanksgiving and Christmas Food & Gifts: Hundreds of families in the area receive a gift card for Thanksgiving food and a gift card and bag of food at Christmas time, thanks to the Army. Many area children, disabled citizens and senior citizens also receive Christmas gifts through our Toyland program, thanks to the generosity of our Angel Tree donors.
THE SALVATION ARMY
CHRISTMAS AND THANKSGIVING ASSISTANCE REGISTRATION
OCTOBER 7 -11, 2013
4009 LAFAYETTE BLVD, SPOTSWOOD BAPTIST CHURCH
(NOT THE SALVATION ARMY CHURCH)
MONDAY – THURSDAY, 8:00 A.M. – 11:45 A.M.
CLOSED FOR LUNCH, REOPENS AT 1:00 P.M. – 3:45 P.M.
FRIDAY, 8:00 A.M. – 11:45 A.M.
PLEASE STOP AND READ. YOU MAY APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT APPLIED FOR CHRISTMAS ASSISTANCE ANYWHERE ELSE.
- Benefit cards alone will not be accepted this year.
- All applicants must bring in their current award letter for all assistance received, i.e., SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, SSI, SSDI, SSA and UIB.
- If you do not receive any assistance from the Departments of Social Services, you must bring in three months of your most recent paystubs for all adult household members or a current letter from your employer.
- Each adult applicant must have photo identification. The photo identification may be a Virginia ID card, Virginia driver’s license, passport or country ID card.
- You must bring in a valid birth certificate for each child that you are applying for.
- We serve children 0-12 years of age. Children over 12 years of age by December 15, 2013 are not eligible unless they are SSI recipients. Seniors, 60 years and older on a fixed income may be eligible.
- All relative caretakers i.e., aunt, grandmother etc, must bring legal court custody papers for each child in your care.
- Please contact our office at 540-373-3431 if you have any questions.