Did you know The Salvation Army of the Virginia Peninsula provides the following services…
- Emergency Shelter for Homeless Where do you turn when you and your family have no place to sleep? The Salvation Army provides efficiency rooms at a local motel for shelter families. We also work with community resources for sheltering needs. Please call the Housing Crisis Hotline at 757-587-4202 for assistance.
- Food Pantry/Free Bread and Pastries– Please call the United Way for a pantry referral.
- Backpack Applications
- Thanksgiving Baskets – Call for more information 757-838-4875
- Christmas Assistance – The registration for 2017 begins on 10/2/2017 and runs through 10/19/2017.
- Utility Payments – In order to qualify for Energy Share Emergency Assistance Program, the following requirements must be met. To see how to prepare for your appointment click on:
- What to bring to your appt.lw10-10-13 revised final