OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE! We are always looking for individuals willing to serve in their community. Our office is currently looking to fill various volunteer roles. Below you will find various positions that are currently open. If you are willing to assist, please contact us for more information. Email: Jim Colston at Jim.Colston@uss.salvationarmy.org or call 757-838-4875 ext. 104.
If you have a heart to serve, read the list below and contact us with your areas of interest. There is always room for more help! We welcome church groups, high school and college students, local community organizations, business professionals, military groups, and any one else with a desire to DO THE MOST GOOD with us.
Donations of time and money are greatly appreciated and much needed to continue all of our programs for the community.
Volunteers Opportunities in the Hampton Office:
- Easter Egg Hunt – Helpers are needed to help with parking, greeting, hiding Easter eggs, food and drink servers, and game booth operators.
- Food Pantry – Helpers are needed to assist with food drive initiatives, pantry organization, and preparing meals for children’s programs.
- Landscaping – Helpers are needed to weed, edge and beautify the exterior of our building.
- Back to School – Helpers are needed to stuff backpacks, assist on distribution day and school supply sponsors.
- Christmas – Helpers are needed ring the bell at area kettles, refurbish and paint kettle stands, fill stockings, Angel Tree applications, drivers and organize and distribute from the Christmas warehouse. Spanish speaking associates are always welcome!!
Volunteer Opportunities in the Gloucester Office:
- Assist with yard work and maintaining the flower beds – Year Round
- Driving to pick up donated food or organizing the Food Pantry – Year Round
- Assisting with serving or preparing food during our annual Thanksgiving Meal on Thanksgiving day.
- Christmas season is very busy with many, many opportunities to serve – Ringing the kettle bells, stuffing stockings, taking Angel Tree applications and Angel Tree distribution are just a few ways to help October through December
- Assist with filling backpacks for the new school year – Mid-August
To complete a volunteer application, please visit our office at 1033 Big Bethel Road in Hampton or 7057 Linda Circle in Hayes.