DONATING TO FAMILY STORES
The Salvation Army Family Stores support many outreach programs by turning reusable goods into much needed funding. Shopping at or donating goods to a Family Store is not only helpful to you, but enables us to serve more individuals in need.
We do not have a store in our service area. Items donated to The Salvation Army of the Virginia Peninsula Corps center at 1033 Big Bethel Road in Hampton become the property of The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center in Virginia Beach. The proceeds from these items support a program to help men overcome alcohol and drug addiction.
A donation truck is parked outside the center, where you can bring the items you wish to donate. To have items picked up, call (757) 499-0032.
For more information, call the Corps center at (757) 838-4875. To find a Family Store in your immediate area click here.
- Donate only reusable items in good condition.
- Refrigerators, vehicle tires, mattresses, and construction material are not accepted. Take these items to resale stores who accept them.
- Please leave items only if an attendant is on duty. Receipts for donations are only available if the attendant is on duty. The truck is usually manned Monday-Saturday 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. It is closed on Sundays and major holidays.
- Unusable items should be taken by their owner to the landfill. This saves us the manpower and unnecessary cost of doing so.
- Trash and recycling containers located on the property are for Salvation Army use only.
- A Donation Valuation Guide can be provided by the attendant or requested by calling the Corps center at (757) 838-4875.