24 hours in the lives of a Salvation Army client can be difficult. Your gift of 24 hours devoted to raising funds and awareness of The Salvation Army’s mission for serving those in need can make a world of difference.
The long and short of it is that if you and your company devoted 24 hours of your work week to raising $50 each hour, whether it be through bell ringing or your Online Red Kettle you’d raise $1,200! If your company provided a 100% match that’s $2,400 that can be used to feed families, pay utility bills, send children to camp, keep the homeless cool and much more. It may not seem like much but with $2,400 The Salvation Army can change someone’s next 24 hours.
How to Participate
- Select volunteer bell ringing dates & shifts for your employees
- Use email and social media to fundraise in your company’s Online Red Kettle
- Commit to match your Red Kettle and online donations
- Sign the commitment form and secure you company’s Community Challenge spot
- The Salvation Army will include participant names in press releases, media coverage, social media updates, website updates.
- Participants will also receive recognition in The Salvation Army’s Annual Report
- The overall champion will receive a plaque and recognition at The Salvation Army’s Annual Dinner on September 27, 2012
All funds donated to The Salvation Army’s Community Challenge will support The Salvation Army’s programs and services here in Hampton Roads, including food supplements, youth camps, women’s transitional housing and men’s shelter programs & services and
other social services. 24 hours from your week can help change the future of someone else’s.
Please contact Nicole Pellegrino (757-581-2362 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule bell ringing date and location as well as to receive information on your Online Red Kettle.