We’re excited to announce this brand-new event as part of Christmas in July this year! Made possible by a generous donor, the Big Trike Giveaway will provide 100 needy children with a brand-new tricycle this summer. Tots receiving the tricycles will have the opportunity to come to the Kroc Center to assemble the trikes with the help of volunteers, and participate in some fun activities before taking the tricycle home to enjoy.
HOW TO APPLY
To reserve your tricycle bring the following documentation to:
The Salvation Army Social Service Office
5525 Raby Road
Norfolk, VA 23502
• Parent/Guardian’s unexpired government ID
• Proof of address (please bring a piece of mail or a lease/mortgage statement if your picture ID does not show your correct address)
• Birth Certificates for children between the ages of 2-4 (if you are not the parent, please also bring proof of legal guardianship)
• Up-to-Date Contact information (phone or e-mail). We will need to be able to reach qualified
candidates in early July.
• Proof of ALL income for everyone in your household including but not limited to:
o 30 days of paystubs
o Unemployment documentation
o Child Support documentation
o Disability Income documentation (SSI/SSDI)
o Retirement/Annuity paperwork
o SNAP Statement (Food Stamps)
o TANF Statement
o Section 8 Paperwork
*Zero income is not an acceptable answer for this program*
Or bring the above documentation to The Kroc Center (1401 Ballentine Blvd, Norfolk)
on July 19, 2014 at 10am.