2015 Christmas Distribution is TBD.
The Salvation Army partners with WVEC 13 NewsNow, Virginian Pilot Joy Fund, United States Marine Corps Toys for Tots, and Operation Blessing to provide Christmas assistance to families in need. Families with children ages 0-11 may apply for this program and receive toys, food and if selected for the Angel Tree program, clothing items as well.
For 30 years, WVEC-TV 13News has been a proud partner of The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program. In Hampton Roads each Christmas more than 60 businesses, churches, corporations, and vendors display Angel Tree for community members to adopt and shop for clothing for a child in need registered with The Salvation Army. Clothing items are then returned to the location where the tag was picked up and The Salvation Army picks the items up from the store and distributes them to the appropriate children during Christmas distribution.
**Frequently Asked Questions:**
Who Can Apply?
The Salvation Army is looking for families in need of help this Christmas season. If you are facing an economic hardships or household crisis and have children ages birth through 11 years old, you may be eligible for holiday assistance this year.
How Do I Apply?
The Salvation Army will be hosting the application events listed below in late September and throughout the month of October. We are not currently planning to schedule any additional application activities outside of those listed below. If you’d like to apply, please plan to attend one of these events bringing all noted paperwork.
What Do I Need To Bring With Me When I Apply?
- Current Government Picture ID for Parent/Guardian (With correct address or 2 bills to prove city of residence)
- Birth Certificates for ALL children ages 0-11 (we must be able to verify each child’s age)
- Social Security Cards for ALL children ages 0-11 (limited exceptions allowed for newborns, adopted children and for immigration issues)
- Current documentation of TANF or Food Stamps. If you do not receive TANF or Food Stamps please bring the following…
- Employment paystubs (for the last 30 days)
- Proof of unemployment benefits, child support, housing assistance, Social Security, SSI and/or verification of any other types of household income.
- Proof of household Crisis (if applicable)
You must bring the documents above when you apply. If you are missing any/all of this documentation, you will be asked to collect it and come back to another application event.
NORFOLK + VIRGINIA BEACH + CHESAPEAKE SIGN UP DATES
PORTSMOUTH + CHESAPEAKE SIGN UP DATES
- Bring picture ID
- Do not bring children or other adults. Only one adult per family will be allowed in the Depot, and NO children are allowed.
- When inside the Depot, turn off cell phone as a courtesy to others.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- Volunteer Bellring
- Angel Tree Information & Locations
- Angel Tree Participation Form
- Fill A Stocking Program