The Salvation Army Hampton Roads Area Command Social Services Food Pantry is located at 5525 Raby Rd. in Norfolk. Households can come once every calendar month to collect food packages. These packages include canned goods at a minimum, but also often include fresh produce, bread, bakery items and meat.
Portions given will depend on the amount of stock on hand and household size. The head of the household will need to bring a current government issued picture ID. Without a picture ID applicants are only eligible for USDA items.
Applicants should come prepared with the names, genders and ages of all household members as well as the amounts and sources of all household income. If it is their first time applying, they will also be asked to list basic household expenses such as rent/mortgage, utilities, phone and food costs.
For more information please call 757-965-9012 ext.2.
Food Pantry Operating Hours
Monday – Friday: 1:00pm-3:30pm
Please note that there are ONLY canned goods and non perishables available on Thursdays.
- Clients are allowed to visit once calendar month
- Clients applying for the first time need to have a valid Virginia ID, Driver’s License or other government issued form of ID. Please provide a piece of mail with proof of current address. Without these, household can only collect USDA goods.
- Clients will be asked to list all household member’s names, ages, genders and income/sources on The Salvation Army and USDA forms.
“In accordance with federal Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this Agency is prohibited from discriminating on basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.”
Men’s Shelter Feeding
The Salvation Army Emergency Men’s Shelter located at 203 West 19th Street in Norfolk also offers meals throughout the day. Shelter guests may also enjoy a 6:00PM dinner serving. Outside of these times, all soup kitchen activities listed below are open to the general public.
Breakfast (Bag lunches can be picked at this time, when available)
- 8:00AM-8:30AM (Monday – Friday) – First come/first served
- 9:00AM-9:30AM (Sunday) – First come/first served
- 4:45PM-5:15PM (Monday – Saturday)