The Salvation Army Hampton Roads Area Command Social Services Food Pantry is located at Pantry packages include canned goods at a minimum, but often include fresh produce, bread, bakery items and meat.
Portions given will depend on the amount of stock on hand.
Food Pantry Operating Hours
Monday – Friday: 1:00pm-3:30pm
· Clients are allowed to visit only once per calendar month
· In order to receive a complete pantry package, clients will need to present with a valid Virginia ID, Driver’s License or other unexpired and government issued form of identification. Without this, household can only collect USDA goods.
· First time visitors will additionally be asked to provide a piece of mail validating current address. Without this, household can only collect USDA goods.
· Clients will be asked to list all household member’s names, ages, genders and income/sources for documentation purposes.
Men’s Shelter Feeding
The Salvation Army Emergency Men’s Shelter located at 203 West 19th Street in Norfolk also offers meals throughout the day. Shelter guests may also enjoy a 6:00PM dinner serving. Outside of these times, all soup kitchen activities listed below are open to the general public.
Breakfast (Bag lunches can be picked at this time, when available)
- 8:00AM-8:30AM (Monday – Friday) – First come/first served
- 9:00AM-9:30AM (Sunday) – First come/first served
- 4:45PM-5:15PM (Monday – Saturday)