The Hampton Roads H20 – Help to Others – Program was established in 1999 by the Hampton Roads Planning District Commission (HRPDC). The Commission is a regional organization that represents the area’s 16 local governments. Throughout the year, the HRPDC and Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD) conduct fundraising to provide assistance through the program. A base amount of funds is then allocated to each locality and remaining funds are distributed based on number of water accounts.
How to Apply
- Clients must live in the service area of the participating utility
- Participating utilities include public water utilities in Hampton Roads and HRSD.
- Must be able to demonstrate that a personal or family crisis has inhibited ability to pay public utility bills.
- Eligible clients can receive program assistance one time in any twelve-month period in the amount of $250.00 or the balance due, whichever is less.
- Eligible clients must agree to participate in an educational program as recommended by The Salvation Army if there are signs of water waster
- Clients must pay HRSD and/or Public Utilities for Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, or Norfolk to qualify
- The bill can not exceed $250.00 with a Virginia Beach client the HRSD and Public Utility can not exceed $250.00.
- Clients must call office to get current information
For more information, call 757.543.8100 ext.64247.