For over twenty years, The Salvation Army Hampton Roads Area Command has been working with WVEC-TV 13News to make sure that Hampton Roads children get back to school with The Write Stuff.
During the month of August, at locations throughout Hampton Roads drop-off barrels and boxes are available for the community to donate new school supplies to be distributed by The Salvation Army in the final weeks before school begins.
Drop off locations include Chick-fil-A restaurants and Walmart stores.
Pertinent information can be found below or by calling 757-543-8100 ext 64249.
Applications will be taken at The Portsmouth Corps July 28 – August 20 for residents of Portsmouth and Chesapeake zip codes 23321 & 23323. Applicants must have the following information with them to apply:
- Photo ID
- Proof of residency (lease or mortgage)
- Child’s verification of enrollment form, class schedule or final report card for 2013
For children grades K-12. To apply, please come to The Salvation Army Portsmouth Corps at 2306 Airline Boulevard. For any questions, call 757.393.2519.
Norfolk, Chesapeake & Virginia Beach Distribution:
August 27-29, 2014 – 9 AM to 3 PM
The Salvation Army Ray & Joan Kroc Corps Community Center (1401 Ballentine Blvd, Norfolk)
- Families fitting all of the following criteria may apply:
- Household has at least one child in grades K-12
- Household resides in Norfolk, Chesapeake or Virginia Beach
- Household is experiencing documentable financial distress or crisis
How to Apply:
Upon arriving at the distribution site, clients will be seen by a case manager to determine eligibility. Wait times will vary from 30 minutes to an hour. Mornings tend to be very busy, so please consider waiting until the 1PM – 3PM time frame in order to shorten your waiting time.
Items Required to Apply:
- Picture ID for head of household (applicant).
- Proof of address (lease/mortgage statement or two household bills).
- Birth Certificates (to determine age) for children in grades K-12.
- Proof of TANF or Food Stamps for household.
- If there is no household TANF or Food Stamps, please bring proof of all household income, including but not limited to: employment income, unemployment income, child support, disability, retirement, vet benefits, etc.