For over twenty years, The Salvation Army Hampton Roads Area Command has been working with WVEC-TV 13News to make sure that Hampton Roads children get back to school with The Write Stuff.
During the month of August, at over 60 locations throughout Hampton Roads drop-off barrels and boxes are available for the community to donate new school supplies to be distributed by The Salvation Army in the final weeks before school begins.
Drop off locations include Chick-fil-A restaurants, as well as Farm Fresh and Grand Furniture stores.
Pertinent information can be found below or by calling 757-543-8100 x768.
August 27-28, 2013 – 1 PM to 4 PM
Portsmouth Corps Community Center (2306 Airline Boulevard)
Norfolk, Chesapeake & Virginia Beach Distribution:
August 28-30, 2013 – 9 AM to 3 PM
Norfolk Corps Community Center (5516 Raby Road)
Families fitting all of the following criteria may apply:
- Household has at least one child in grades K-12
- Household resides in Norfolk, Chesapeake or Virginia Beach
- Household is experiencing documentable financial distress or crisis
How to Apply:
Upon arriving at the distribution site, clients will be seen by a case manager to determine eligibility. Wait times will vary from 30 minutes to an hour. Mornings tend to be very busy, so please consider waiting until the 1PM – 3PM time frame in order to shorten your waiting time.
Items Required to Apply:
- Picture ID for head of household (applicant).
- Proof of address (lease/mortgage statement or two household bills).
- Birth Certificates (to determine age) for children in grades K-12.
- Proof of TANF or Food Stamps for household.
- If there is no household TANF or Food Stamps, please bring proof of all household income, including but not limited to: employment income, unemployment income, child support, disability, retirement, vet benefits, etc.