Program funds are used to stop disconnection or to reconnect primary heating or cooling source. Mainly used to cover Dominion Virginia Power, Virginia Natural Gas and fuel oil costs. Programs are offered year-round (cooling June 1 to October 31 and heating November 1 to May 31) or as funding permits.
How to Help
Check the EnergyShare box on your utility bill and make a donation, those funds are dispersed by the respective company to The Salvation Army and used to administer the program. You can also make a cash donation and note the utility assistance program as the program to receive your gift.
How to Apply
Clients will need to come to the Social Service office upon receipt of a disconnect notice for their primary heating. At that time they will be pre-screened to determine basic eligibility. Those considered eligible will receive a later appointment date. Upon returning for their appointment clients will be required to complete a Salvation Army Social Service application.
- Clients must call the EnergyShare hotline (757-543-8100 x118) to obtain all current seasonal information
- Information changes regularly so clients are urged to call the hotline before taking further action
- Client must have a disconnect notice, closing bill, or already disconnected unless they are 60 or older in which case they can have any type of bill
- All non-seniors are only allowed to receive help once a season
- Seniors (Aged 60+) are allowed to receive help twice in a season unless the meet the season cap during their initial visit
- All clients can only receive Virginia Natural Gas assistance once between January – December of any given year
- Call the EnergyShare hotline (757-543-8100 x118) for appointment setting dates and times
- When seeking assistance, the bill must be in the client’s name