Just What Does The Salvation Army of Greater Lynchburg Do?
We provide the following services and programs to those in need in Lynchburg, Bedford, Amherst Appomattox, Campbell and Nelson counties. Your donations stay here and provide help in central Virginia.
- Emergency Shelter – More than 13,00 Nights of shelter for homeless men, women, and children were spent at The Center of Hope
- Community Feeding Program serving breakfast and dinner 365 days a year 100 – 140 meals per day (more than 54,000 last year) are served
- Emergency Social Services – More than 6,500 individuals were helped last year assistance with groceries, rent, clothing, utilities, etc.
- Christmas Assistance – More than 6,500 gifts were distributed during Christmas to needy children and senior citizens
- Summer Camps and Youth Programs– day camp at The Salvation Army in Lynchburg and week-long sessions of overnight camp during the summer and youth enrichment programs Monday evenings during the school year.
- Disaster Assistance – The Salvation Army of Greater Lynchburg has a canteen and disaster team ready to deploy when needed in our local community and on the east coast.