Just What Does The Salvation Army Do?
We provide the following services and programs to those in need in the City of Lynchburg and the surrounding Counties of Amherst, Bedford and Campbell. Your donations stay here and provide help in central Virginia.
- Emergency Shelter – the only place in the area where someone can come for immediate shelter. Also provides a 3-month program for those seeking to change their lives over 700 individuals were given a place to sleep and a hot meal last year
- Community Feeding Program serving breakfast and dinner 365 days a year 50 – 75 meals per day (over 20,000 last year) are served
- Transitional Shelter for Women and Children (Hope House) – assistance with shelter, job hunting, etc. 90 women and children were helped last year allows older children to stay with mother
- Emergency Social Services - over 10,000 individuals were helped last year assistance with groceries, rent, clothing, utilities, etc.
- Christmas Assistance - 858 families (over 2,500 individuals) helped last year provides food, clothing and toys The Salvation Army also helps through Angel Tree donations
- Summer Camps - day camp at The Salvation Army in Lynchburg week-long sessions of overnight camp