Just What Does The Salvation Army Do?
We provide the following services and programs to those in need in the City of Lynchburg and the surrounding Counties of Amherst, Bedford and Campbell. Your donations stay here and provide help in central Virginia.
- Emergency Shelter – 13,344 Nights of shelter for homeless men, women, and children were spent at The Salvation Army of Lynchburg’s Center of Hope
- Community Feeding Program serving breakfast and dinner 365 days a year 50 – 75 meals per day (over 38,000 last year) are served
- Emergency Social Services - 5,271 individuals were helped last year assistance with groceries, rent, clothing, utilities, etc.
- Christmas Assistance - 13,193 Gifts were distributed during Christmas to needy children and senior citizens
- Summer Camps - day camp at The Salvation Army in Lynchburg and week-long sessions of overnight camp