Our prayer is that through this program, families are able to save their hard-earned funds to cover rent, utilities, and food, rather than spend those funds on Christmas gifts for their children. After the application period and week-long distribution of gifts, we continue to provide solutions to the families who receive Christmas Assistance. Solutions come in the form of a listening ear, education opportunities, utility bill assistance, rent/mortgage assistance, warm meals, worship opportunities, and more, through our various programs.
We’re so grateful for our community partners who generously participate to make our uplifting Christmas programs possible.
How You Can Help
There are lots of ways you can help with our Christmas Assistance Program. We’re always looking for volunteers to assist with the registration process, as well as at the Christmas Center.
In mid-September, a link will be posted to this page giving families the opportunity to schedule a time to apply. To request Christmas Assistance, please click the link and select a date and time that works for you to come apply to receive Christmas Assistance.
Applications will ONLY be able to be scheduled 14 days in advance.
NOTE: In an effort to preserve the magic of Christmas, children are not allowed at the application site or Christmas Distribution Center.
Eligibility Requirements in 2017
In order to meet program income eligibility guidelines families must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Experiencing a financial crisis or hardship
- Child/children participate on free or reduced lunch program
- Receive TANF
- Receive SNAP (previously known as food stamps)
- Low income, at/below the poverty line
Applications are evaluated on an individual basis.
What to Bring in 2017
- Photo Identification (proof of current address needed if not on I.D.)
- Birth Certificates (to verify ages) for children applying for (ages 0-14)
- Proof of Household Income (one of the following)
- Benefit award letter from Social Services or Section 8 Housing or
- Most current month’s paystub or
- Benefits award letter from Employment Commission or
- Benefits award letter from Social Security or private insurance company
- Applicant should be prepared with all eligible children’s clothing sizes.
Failure to bring the correct items to the appointment may result in the appointment being rescheduled.
2017 Application Period & Locations
Applicants should come during the appointment time they scheduled online and MUST bring the items above in order to apply. Failure to bring the correct items to the appointment may result in the appointment being rescheduled. Applicants arriving late or after their originally scheduled appointment will be fit in where possible.
2017 Christmas Distribution Period & Locations
Applicants should pick-up gifts during their appointment time, as highlighted on the confirmation sheet received at the time of registration.
Please be sure to bring the following items with you to your pick-up appointment:
- Registration Confirmation Sheet (given at registration, will have your appointment date/time highlighted)
- Photo I.D.